GA Mega Millions Numbers
These are the latest live GA Mega Millions numbers plus past results from the last six draws of this multi-state lottery game. With a minimum starting jackpot of $20 million that rolls over and increases until it's won, it's no wonder Mega Millions is one of the most popular games around.
Did you know that Mega Millions drawings are held in Atlanta, Georgia? Draws take place every Tuesday and Friday at 11pm ET.
Georgia was also one of the original states (along with Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Virginia) to offer tickets for the lottery that became Mega Millions - then called The Big Game - in 1996.
Biggest Georgia Mega Millions Winners
Peach State residents have enjoyed some amazing wins over the years - here are the largest:
- ADirectConnection LLC won $83 million on November 18, 2016
- Christina Ford of Dallas, GA won $7.5 million on July 22, 2016, splitting the $15 million jackpot with Kevin Young of Virginia
- Ira Curry of Stone Mountain won $324 million on December 17, 2013, splitting the $648 million jackpot with Steve Tran of California
- Zippy Vonier of Thomasville won $50 million on November 27, 2012
- Marcia Adams of Atlanta won $72 million on January 24, 2012
- Wayne Reese of Sharpsburg won $12 million on September 1, 2009
- Mark Staffa of Rockmart won $42 million on October 21, 2008
- The Skinner family of Carrollton won $133 million on August 29, 2008
- Robert Harris of Portal won $275 million on February 22, 2008
- Eddie Nabors of Dalton won $195 million on March 6, 2007, splitting the $390 million jackpot with Elaine and Harold Messner of New Jersey
- Ben Chason of Bainbridge won $163 million on September 15, 2006
- Margaret Jones of Washington, GA won $131 million on January 18, 2005
- Richard Mika of Savannah won $50 million on August 8, 2003
- Stephen Moore of Fitzgerald won $150 million on September 30, 2003
- Stephen Cooke of Roswell, GA won $46.6 million on November 11, 2003 after buying two winning tickets! He split the $70 million jackpot with In Ro of Michigan
How to Play
Playing Mega Millions is easy! Here's how:
- Each play costs $2 and you can play up to five times per playslip
- Pick five numbers from 1-70
- Choose one Mega Ball number from 1-25
- Megaplier is an add-on that costs an extra $1 per play; it multiplies non-jackpot prizes by 2, 3, 4 or 5 times depending on which number is chosen during the draw
- Just the Jackpot is a play option that gives you the chance to win only the jackpot, without any of the lower-tier prizes. The cost is $3 for two entries (Quik Pik only). Just the Jackpot can be combined with your regular Mega Millions plays or purchased by itself
- If you'd like to play your lucky numbers for up to 26 draws in a row, select the Multi-Draw box. The $2 per play cost is multiplied times the number of draws
- Purchase your ticket by the cut-off time, which in Georgia is 10:45pm ET on a draw night
Prizes and Odds of Winning
Many players don't know that Mega Millions has nine prize levels, starting at $2 and going all the way up to the jackpot, which is always at least $40 million and often grows into hundreds of millions.
The prize levels below are the same in every state except California, which has a pari-mutuel prize system, so payouts are based on the number of tickets sold and the number of winners.
|Prize Tier||Odds of Winning||Prize Amount|
|Match 5 + Mega Ball||1 in 302,575,350||Jackpot|
|Match 5||1 in 12,607,306||$1,000,000|
|Match 4 + Mega Ball||1 in 931,001||$10,000|
|Match 4||1 in 38,792||$500|
|Match 3 + Mega Ball||1 in 14,547||$200|
|Match 3||1 in 606||$10|
|Match 2 + Mega Ball||1 in 693||$10|
|Match 1 + Mega Ball||1 in 89||$4|
|Match 0 + Mega Ball||1 in 37||$2|
|Overall odds of winning a Mega Millions prize are 1 in 24|
Prizes of $600 and below may be claimed at any official retailer, lottery office, or by mail. Sign and print your name on the back of your ticket immediately after purchase and keep in a safe place.
Prizes of $600 and above must be claimed at a lottery office or by mail. Fill out the back of your ticket, complete a Winner Claim Form, and present two forms of valid ID.
All draw game winners have 180 days from the draw date shown on the ticket to claim.
For more information, please visit the Where to Claim Prizes page.